Mary C. Griffin Beauty Pro. Scholarship
Mary C. Griffin Beauty Scholarship
The Mary C. Griffin Beauty Pro. Scholarship commemorates her passion for beauty and entrepreneurship. The scholarship is a tribute to the legacy of the late Mary C. Griffin by providing financial assistance for aspiring hairstylists, nail professionals, estheticians, massage therapists, and barbers.
- Recipients must submit two letters of recommendation. (1 from a beauty professional & 1 personal)
- Recipients must provide proof of enrollment.
- Recipients must plan to enroll and be accepted into an accredited college or technical school
- All current students must provide proof of having a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.5
- Recipients must live in the United States.
Completed Application Requirements:
- Application Form with signatures
- Essay – theme “What being in the beauty industry means to you, what makes you unique and how to do plan to change lives” (not to exceed 500 words)
- Two reference letters
- Official High School Transcript or Proof of Enrollment with acceptable GPA.
Mrs. Pebbles Dockery, granddaughter, and founder of the Mary C. Griffin Scholarship, and members of the Scholarship Foundation will interview selected applicants.
The Mary C. Griffin Beauty Pro Scholarship Fund will be made payable to the college or technical school the recipient plans to attend during the fall of each year.
The Mary C. Griffin Beauty Pro. Scholarship Application
Students applying for this scholarship must be United States citizens. Students must also apply to a college or technical school for the upcoming academic year 2.5-grade grade point average (GPA) or higher, as evidenced by an official transcript.
All applications must be received between January 1-June 1 to be eligible for Fall Semester and July 1 - December 1 to be eligible for the Spring Semester. An interview will be scheduled for each applicant, at which time you will be notified of the date and time. In memory of the late Mary C. Griffin, all awards will be announced on her birthday on January 6 and July 21, of each year. Scholarships will be award two times a year
Please submit the completed scholarship application below
___ 1. Fully completed/legible and signed application
___ 2. Essay
___ 3. Two references in sealed envelopes
___ 4. Official HS transcript or proof of GPA for students who are currently enrolled. (sealed)
___ 5. Proof of acceptance letter from an accredited college or technical school. (sealed)